New Pittsburgh Area Restaurants To Try in 2018
We love being your number one resource, not only for all things real estate, but also for all things Pittsburgh! In order to be your number one Pittsburgh resource, we need to stay on top of important news and the latest trends with the city. We’ve already given you some great news and tips in past blogs like:
- Pros and Cons of Amazon's New Headquarters Coming to Pittsburgh
- Stay Active This Fall And Winter With These Pittsburgh Trails!
- Best Holiday Lights Displays in the Greater Pittsburgh Area
Well this year we’re continuing the Pittsburgh news trend! We already encourage you to get out and explore the city each month with our events blogs. While you’re out and about experiencing those events, you’re probably looking for new restaurants to try as well. If that’s the case then this blog is for you! Check out these new restaurants in the greater Pittsburgh area and tell us what you think! We’d love to see you’re your praises and reviews!
Recent or Upcoming New Restaurants To Try:
- Poulet Bleu American Bistro, Lawrenceville – If you’re a fan of Pittsburgh restaurants Meat & Potatoes, Butcher & the Rye or Pork & Beans then you’ll probably love this one as well! After all it’s by the same owner Richard DeShantz. However you’ll have to wait for it to open (expected to open sometime January 2018) to find out more details! Bon Appetite!
- Uncle Koko’s WoodFired Pizzeria, Washington – Looking for a new pizza place to try? Then Uncle Koko’s in Washington, PA could be for you! Uncle Koko’s is had its grand opening on Saturday, January 6. Their motto is to use only “the freshest quality products and a pizza made with 100% real mozzarella cheese and a sauce made from our authentic Italian family recipe.” according to their Facebook page. If you’ve got a craving for some pizza this could be the new spot to try!
- The Yard, The Galleria in Mt. Lebanon – You might have heard of this place because it already has four other locations! However if you don’t want to go to Shadyside, Market Square or the PPG Paints Arena, you can head to the Galleria in Mt. Lebanon! Here you can enjoy “48 beers on tap and a gastropub menu” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. You could even stop by each location and tell us which one you like the best!
- Coop de Ville, The Strip District – In the mood for a little Southern fried chicken? If so then you’ll want to try this new one, again by The DeShantz Group that’s opening Poulet Bleu above (according to our source). While there’s no exact date as to when they’ll open they do hold several popups downtown if you follow them on Instagram. It’s definitely worth checking out if you want a little Southern flavor!
- Whalburgers, The Block Northway Mall in The North Hills – The name of this restaurant created a lot of buzz around Pittsburgh because it’s a gourmet burger chain by famous actors and brothers Paul, Donnie, and Mark Whalberg While The North Hills is currently the only location, they are planning on opening another one in Pittsburgh sometime soon, yet to be determined. Stop in and enjoy classic American favorites like Mom’s Sloppy Joes, Mac n’Cheese with smoked Bacon and more – all made with the freshest ingredients! Stop by and tell us what you think!
- The Mediterra Café, Sewickley - If you’re looking for a café/restaurant combo then this one is for you! Here you can enjoy “handcrafted sandwiches, salads, and breakfast items.” But there will also a coffee and tea bar open as well! You can expect to enjoy this café in late spring – April or May. According to our source!
We hope these new restaurant openings in the greater Pittsburgh area have you excited for 2018 in Pittsburgh! We tried to pick a few new openings that were downtown, and in the surrounding suburbs but please know that there are many more openings in and around the city! These are just a few! Is there a popular one that we missed? Tell us in a comment below! Or have you already tried one of the ones above? We’d love to hear from you! Any feedback you’re willing to give, we’d appreciate it! Happy Eating!
Ready To Explore More of Pittsburgh With a Permanent Pittsburgh Address?
If you like what you read about these new restaurants in or coming to Pittsburgh and would like to see more, you might want to consider moving here! We have a number of great homes for sale that are very close to some of these new places! Don’t hesitate to call us today at 724-941-8680 or 724-288-8800 to get started! We’re looking forward to your call!
Until Next Time,