Why Should You Relocate to Pittsburgh?
Shopping & Dining
Pittsburgh is dotted with delicious eateries along with prime retail destinations. Experience the authenticity of Pittsburgh through its many locally owned restaurants and shops.
Pittsburgh truly is the perfect place to live, work, and most excitedly, PLAY! This city has it all, with four professionals sports teams for sports-lovers, outdoor adventures for thrill-seekers, and a downtown district with something for everyone.
If you’re relocating to Pittsburgh with school-aged children, education is always a top priority. Here’s all you need to know about Pittsburgh Public Schools—the second largest school district in the state of Pennsylvania.
Featured Homes for Sale
At a Glance
Major Roads: Interstates 76 & 376
Pittsburgh International Airport: 19 mi
University of Pittsburgh: 2.5 mi
Median Home Value: $207,800
Communities of Pittsburgh
Rated as one of the most livable cities in the world, Pittsburgh is home to a variety of neighborhoods where you won't find two houses that look the same. From historic buildings turned modern homes to grand estates with urban architecture, there is no such thing as cookie cutter in Pittsburgh's communities.
Peters Township is a quaint community full of friendly faces and beautiful homes. Nestled into green pastures and lush woodlands, this community offers a small-town lifestyle in the secluded countryside just southwest of Pittsburgh.Learn More
Bethel Park encompasses all the perks of Pittsburgh, just neatly wrapped up in a neighborhood setting—diverse shopping and dining, dependable public transportation, and top-rated schools can all be found in this charming community.Learn More
Pittsburgh Helpful Relocation Tips
The Jim Dolanch Team wants to make sure your relocation to the area is as seamless as possible. That's why we offer an exclusive Pittsburgh area relocation package, along with insightful relocation tips to make your move simple and stress-free.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Planning your move a month or two ahead of time will ensure everything is smooth-sailing on moving day. Be proactive in packing up your belongings and contacting the moving company. During the planning stage, be sure to…
- Stock up on packing materials—boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are all packing staples.
- Be selective about what you pack—you don’t want to bring any excess clutter to your new home. Host a yard sale, or consider donating any unused items to a local charity.
- Thoroughly review all moving documents—before signing any documents from professional moving companies, make sure to read the fine print.
As Moving Day Approaches
There are specific things to keep in mind while packing up all your belongings into boxes. Don’t forget to…
- Label EVERYTHING—you want the unpacking process at your new home to be even easier than the original packing process. Consider labeling each box by the room it belongs to.
- Set aside important items—it’s easy to get caught up in the shuffle of a move. Place your most essential documents, including passports, social security cards, and medications in a special spot to ensure you know where they’re at all times.
- Save fragile items for last—take the time to wrap glassware and other breakable items in bubble wrap, towels, or thick clothing for extra protection.
During the Move
The big day has finally arrived, and you should be more excited than ever—not flustered. To stay cool, calm, and collected during the move, be sure to…
- Prepare an “essentials bag”—if all else fails, you want to have a bag prepared with all your most important personal items, including a change of clothes, paperwork, and a phone charger.
- Designate an “open me first” box—pack items that you’re going to need right away when you arrive at your new home in this box. These items could include toilet paper, instant coffee, and even an inflatable mattress in case you beat the moving truck.
- Wait to unpack—in addition to soaking up the initial sweet moments in your new home when you first arrive, you should take the opportunity to clean it while it’s empty.
Ready to Relocate to Pittsburgh?
It’s easy to fall in love with Pittsburgh—and that’s why the Jim Dolanch Team wants to help you find a home in one of the city’s popping neighborhoods. We’ve got all the tools, resources, and information you need to learn more about the area. Contact us today to take the next step toward finding your dream home in Pittsburgh!